Monday, November 9, 2009

New week

Another week begins. I cannot even begin to understand where the week disappeared to. It's been good though. There's a thaw in the air between the dr and myself. I think that what was happening was that we were both so immersed in the nitty gritty of daily life that we lost sight of the positive. Anyways, we've been talking about it, and I think we're, it's getting better. More on that as the weeks progress. I mean, yesterday I realized that we were fighting about stupid stupid things like who's going to be at home more or who's going to put something away NOW...ha!!! sounds silly doesn't it, it is!!!

U did great this weekend. We'd gone to a party at my cousin's house, in Lorton. The drive was 45 minutes so she started wailing coz' she was sleepy. The girl does not like to be in her car seat, and we figured out it's because of the heat. I know I know it's winter and all, but she feels too warm in it. Anywho, once we got there, she did fine, and got along famously with everybody. In fact, she had a great time!!! Not to mention the spread was fantastic and my cousin had outdone herself. On the way there, we'd made a quick stop at the Durga temple, so all in all, it was a good trip.

My dad's with us now. He drove in on Wednesday and it's been great having him here. He's currently spending all his time watching TV:-)
So this weekend, something interesting happened. The neighbor, an older lady who I get along with just fine, was standing in her driveway in a jacket and slippers when we pulled up after the party. She had apparently called the police on the people in the cul-de-sac who were having a too-loud party. Now I don't blame her because when she went to talk to them last time, they'd sworn at her. But both the Dr. and my dad believed that she was going to extremes. The Dr. even said that she's said the words, "the blacks are having a party". I didn't hear this, and if she did say this, it was racist of her. So anyways, the cops came and busted up the party. I encouraged our neighbor to go inside her house so that the partygoers wouldn't know that it was she who called the cops. If I had anybody reading this blog, or I told anybody I was writing a blog, maybe I could've asked my readers for opinions but since there aren't and I haven't, maybe another time......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home