Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's 2010...where did January go?


Happy New Year everybody!!! Can you believe it's been 3 weeks into the new year already!! Today is the puppy's 12th birthday. Wow...he's now a senior citizen. But for me he's still my puppy. I still remember, clear as day, the day I brought him home. He was only 3 months old, and so tiny. And it was love at first sight. I'd gotten him from a breeder in Madison, WI and when we walked into the house, he and his siblings were in a cardboard box. The breeder said to me, "go ahead, he's yours", so I picked him up and cuddled him close to me, and he promptly tried to bite of my button!! The rest is history. He's an amazingly well-traveled dog, having lived in WI (as a baby), in Michigan, Florida, Texas and now in the WDC area. He's also gone on a lot of vacations in many many states. He made the drive with me from MI to FL and back many many times. He's also made the drive from TX to MI, and TX to WDC. Over the years we've had many trials and tribulations together. His seizures were something that I can still not talk about without cringing. He was only 6 years old when he got them, and he's been on meds ever since. But so far so good, knock on wood, they've been controlled as of the past 5 years. He's also had numerous trips to the emergency room because his paranoid mommy was afraid of the consequences of yet another thing that he foraged for, out of the trash, compost heap, yard, the list is endless.

All in all, the past 12 years have been filled with love and laughter and joy. He's brought to my life a pure joy that I am always grateful for. I love you baby dog!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home