Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's summer!


So the weather here has finally heated up. Now, make no mistake about it, I hate the heat, I get migraines from the sun, so for the most part I spend summer in a daze. But as i said in my last post, this past winter has been so harsh that even I would go dance in the sun.
Things are super busy in this household. I have had several family members visiting, so it's been an influx of laughing, loud (and I Mean loud) conversations, playing cards, and generally having fun. U has been so thrilled with all the attention she's getting that she's becoming a spoiled brat:-) My mom and cousins and I took her to California on an all girls vacation, visiting with my cousin who lives in the bay area. U loved it!! We used the new britax roundabout car seat that I finally bought after much research and the verdict is in! it's a winner!! For a baby who has frequent bouts of car sickness, this seat managed to hold it in. Not all the time or all the way, but much better than my last seat. So that's one point to me because when I bought it, hubby suggested, "do we need such an expensive car seat"..so there!!
Before I forget, we got our floors done, the family room and entryway now have laminate wood. Not as beautiful as the real wood floors we have in the rest of the house but suited our budgets better:-) Big improvement over the carpet. Now if I can only find like a zillion rugs so that A's claws don't make that infernal clat clat noise all day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merry said...

Oh, MY. I didn't know you had a blog! Look at Baby U! So grown up! Yes, Rich has 3 cats and they all love HIM. We're hoping Jenny can take Moses, the black one. Emmy, the oldest cat, has gone native. She stays outside most of the time, only coming in for the occasional snack. We figure when winter comes, she'll be in more. Right now there are too many mice and cool things for cats to do, outside.

July 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home